To start off usual matters, Pantser Princess 4 is (finally) done.
It was already ready for me since a week (maybe two) back, but I didn’t want to QC it.
Current Queue List for Kirei Cake:
Let’s Go Play! – Pending Typeset from Gwazh
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee – Pending Proof from CycloBenzene
6 votes for My Little Sister is Among Them! – Translated
5 votes for We Are All Alive! – Pending Translation Check from Me
3 votes for Foreign Girl and Bouquet of Violets – Pending Translation
3 votes for Teizokurei MONOPHOBIA – Pending Translation
1 vote for Softenni! – Pending Translation
Attention Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! Readers:
As the raws for volume 1 of Kono Naka are out now, I’ve already fetched them and skimmed them.
As you may expect, I will be v2ing every Section up until now. That’s 1.1 to 2, and the Prologue. That’s all we have done.
Section 1 Part 1 will be redone from scratch. That’s right. Looking at the raws, Mottsun practically redrew the entire Part.
Quote me about half an hour ago from my private (not-staff) channel on IRC:
|01:38||Sayorii||It’s like Mottsun completely trashed the chapter|
|01:38||Sayorii||And redrew it from scratch|
|01:38||Sayorii||Made it look 200x nicer|
|01:38||Sayorii||Added better backgrounds|
|01:38||Sayorii||And then threw it into HD|
So yeah. Mottsun basically treated 1.1 as a sketch and redid the entire thing.
Section 1 Part 2 and beyond appear to look the same, though. Therefore, they will be checked for text equivalence.
That is, I’ll be comparing the raws to see if any sentences were changed in the process of archiving it from mag to tank.
And since the tank has various extras, v2’s will probably occur for basically all Sections and Parts up until now.
Here is the breakdown of what I will be doing for Kono Naka from here on:
1) I will do Section 3 as scheduled. The tank raws will be used, and any pages that were only in the mag will be included also.
2) I will v2 the Prologue. Visual-wise, nothing must changed, except that the mystery girl had her face changed. Translation will be checked and updated as appropriate.
3) After that, I will redo Section 1 Part 1 from scratch with the tank raws (and the covers and whatnot). The original “sketch” mag chapter will be included in the release, but in a separate “Mag Version” folder simply for self-interest and archival purposes. I’d hate to just throw away work done already, and it’s probably interesting to still be able to read Mottsun’s original sketch version.
3) Section 1.2, 1.3, and 2 will have their raws (mag and tank) compared for Japanese equivalence. Translations will be changed as appropriate. For all pages that do not have redraws on them, I will be using the tank raws. For ones that do have redraws on them, if they are tedious, I will just use the mag release to replace those pages instead. I don’t have that much time to redraw tedious pages, sorry. All non-redraw pages will use the tank raws, and any mag-only pages will be included also.
4) Finally, you have Section 4 for the rest of the tank. Section 4 should take the longest, because all I can see are tedious redraws spammed throughout. Meh. Tank raw.
5) After this is Section 5 to 7, all mag raw, but if Volume 2 comes out by the time we actually catch up to Section 4, then I’ll need to analyze Volume 2 raws.
That’s it for now for Kono Naka.
Oh, and, Kono Naka will now be officially renamed to “My Little Sister is Among Them!” as per actual tank name.
And for the current status of Kirei Cake, here it is:
I could pretend that I was busy with my test and assignment for my meteorology class, but I’d just be lying.
Realistically, those only took a few days. Nothing more than that. Remember, I’m only taking a course per semester.
Reality is, I’ve found better things to do in life than scanlation, and thus, am losing my hold over it.
This doesn’t necessarily mean I’m quitting or I’m dropping stuff, but it means that it won’t last forever.
Other people should realize the same.
Unfortunately, people are wasting their lives away by forcing scanlation on themselves.
People need to know that scanlation is just a temporary “escape from life.”
It’s only meant to fill in any empty gaps you may have during your ordinary lifestyle.
But that means that you should be striving to find something else better to do.
Once you do, the time is no longer available, and you no longer see a need to feel attached to scanlation.
With that being said, I’m probably just going to release entirely depending on my mood, like I have been since months ago.
That means: If I don’t feel like it, I won’t release. Simple as that.
Time is precious. I have other things to tend to now, so I can’t just waste it away on pages in a manga.
I will try to keep it reasonable and not stall people forever, but that’s also mood-dependant.
On a happy note, I have already prepaid for a two-year renewal for the website, so I’ll be here for two years at least.
After that… Who knows. Anything could happen then. I may stay, I may leave, I may freelance, I don’t know.
If you as a reader make it worth my while and generally get me in a good mood, you’ll get your chapters faster.
That’s about it.